These Terms & Conditions (T&Cs) govern the service of your product by Phone Repair Lab. (”Phone Repair Lab”).
1. Phone Repair Lab will service your product as described and for the charges shown on the Work Authorization plus any applicable tax. Phone Repair Lab may restrict service to one (1) product per customer during your visit to the Phone Repair Lab Retail Store. When the service is covered by Phone Repair Lab’s warranty, extended service contract or consumer warranty law, those terms or applicable law will apply.
Phone Repair Lab understands that your data may be valuable to you. Data loss during service is always a possibility, and in some cases, data may be unrecoverable, erased, or reformatted during service. For this reason, it is your sole responsibility to back up all existing data, software, and/or programs from your product, and to decide whether to erase any such data from your product, prior to receiving service. Phone Repair Lab is not responsible for loss, recovery, or compromise of data, software or programs, or loss of use of your product or other equipment arising out of the services provided by Phone Repair Lab. You represent that your product does not contain any illegal files or data.
You acknowledge that your device may be sent out by common carrier to be serviced by an external service provider. For this reason, it's recommended that you back up your device and wipe it, prior to submission for service.
2.If service is needed due to failure of parts that are not original to the product or due to damage caused by abuse, misuse or any external cause, Phone Repair Lab reserves the right to return the product to you without servicing it, and may hold you responsible for any indicated diagnostic fee. Phone Repair Lab will not be responsible for any damage to the product that occurs during the repair process that is a result of any unauthorized modifications or repairs or replacements not performed by Phone Repair Lab or an AASP. If damage results, Phone Repair Lab will seek your authorization for any additional costs for completing service even if the product is covered by warranty or an Phone Repair LabCare service plan. If you decline authorization, Phone Repair Lab may return your product unrepaired in the damaged condition without any responsibility.
3. If service requires labor and/or parts not specified on the Work Authorization, Phone Repair Lab may seek your approval of a revised estimate. If you do not agree that Phone Repair Lab may revise the charges, Phone Repair Lab may return your product and hold you responsible for any indicated diagnostic fee.
4. Phone Repair Lab may use parts or products that are new or equivalent to new in reliability and performance. Phone Repair Lab will retain the replaced part or product that is exchanged as its property, and the replacement part will become your property. Replaced parts are generally repairable and are exchanged or repaired by Phone Repair Lab for value. If applicable law requires Phone Repair Lab to return a replaced part to you, you agree to pay Phone Repair Lab the additional cost of the replacement item.
5. Phone Repair Lab warrants for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of service (1) that service will be performed in a competent and workmanlike manner and (2) that all parts used to service your product will be free from defects in materials and workmanship, unless otherwise specified by Phone Repair Lab. Phone Repair Lab further warrants to the extent permitted by law, that batteries installed as part of Phone Repair Lab’s battery replacement service for Phone Repair Lab portable Mac computers will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for one (1) year from the date of service. The foregoing warranty is an express limited warranty and in the event of breach, Phone Repair Lab will either (i) re-perform the service, (ii) repair or replace the part, or (iii) refund the cost of the service provided. In order to claim under the warranty you must return your product to the location where service was performed, at your expense. THIS WARRANTY AND ASSOCIATED REMEDIES ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, REMEDIES, AND CONDITIONS, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. APPLE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IF APPLE CANNOT LAWFULLY DISCLAIM IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THEN ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTY. SOME STATES (COUNTRIES AND PROVINCES) DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY (OR CONDITION) MAY LAST, SO THE LIMITATION DESCRIBED ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
6. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, APPLE AND ITS AFFILIATES, WILL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM SERVICES PROVIDED OR UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF REVENUE; LOSS OF ACTUAL OR ANTICIPATED PROFITS (INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS ON CONTRACTS); LOSS OF THE USE OF MONEY; LOSS OF ANTICIPATED SAVINGS; LOSS OF BUSINESS; LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY; LOSS OF GOODWILL; LOSS OF REPUTATION; LOSS OF, DAMAGE TO, OR CORRUPTION OF DATA; OR ANY COSTS OF RECOVERING, PROGRAMMING, OR RESTORING ANY PROGRAM OR DATA STORED OR USED WITH YOUR PRODUCT AND ANY FAILURE TO MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA STORED ON YOUR PRODUCT. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION SHALL NOT APPLY TO DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CLAIMS. APPLE SPECIFICALLY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT IT WILL BE ABLE TO (i) REPAIR OR REPLACE YOUR PRODUCT WITHOUT RISK TO OR LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR DATA, AND (ii) MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF DATA. IF ANY PRODUCT SHOULD BE DAMAGED OR LOST WHILE IN APPLE’S CUSTODY, APPLE’S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE COST OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF THE AFFECTED PRODUCT. OTHERWISE, APPLE’S LIABILITY FOR ANY AND ALL DAMAGE SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE PAYMENTS RECEIVED BY APPLE FOR SERVICES PROVIDED PURSUANT TO THESE TERMS. THE REMEDIES SET FORTH HEREIN SHALL BE YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES FOR ANY BREACH BY APPLE UNDER THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. SOME STATES (COUNTRIES AND PROVINCES) DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
7. If you have not claimed your product and paid all charges due within sixty (60) days after being notified by Phone Repair Lab that your product has been serviced, Phone Repair Lab will consider your product abandoned and may dispose of your product in accordance with applicable law.
8. If service involves transferring information or installing software, you represent that you have the legal right to copy the information and agree to the terms of the software license, and you authorize Phone Repair Lab to transfer the information and accept such terms on your behalf in performing the service.
9. These T&Cs are governed by the laws of the State of California (without giving effect to its conflict of law provisions).
10. These T&Cs are the only ones that govern Phone Repair Lab’s service of your product.
NOTICES TO CALIFORNIA CONSUMERS
1. AN ESTIMATE FOR REPAIRS, AS REQUIRED (SECTION 9844 OF THE CALIFORNIA BUSINESS AND PROFESSIONS CODE), SHALL BE GIVEN TO THE CUSTOMER BY THE SERVICE DEALER IN WRITING. THE SERVICE DEALER MAY NOT CHARGE FOR WORK DONE OR PARTS SUPPLIED IN EXCESS OF THE ESTIMATE WITHOUT THE PRIOR CONSENT OF THE CUSTOMER. WHERE PROVIDED IN WRITING THE SERVICE DEALER MAY CHARGE A REASONABLE FEE FOR SERVICES PROVIDED IN DETERMINING THE NATURE OF THE MALFUNCTION IN PREPARATION OF A WRITTEN ESTIMATE FOR REPAIR. FOR INFORMATION, CONTACT THE BUREAU OF ELECTRONIC AND APPLIANCE REPAIR, DEPARTMENT OF CONSUMER AFFAIRS, SACRAMENTO, CA 95814.
2. A BUYER OF THIS PRODUCT IN CALIFORNIA HAS THE RIGHT TO HAVE THIS PRODUCT SERVICED AND REPAIRED DURING THE WARRANTY PERIOD. THE WARRANTY PERIOD WILL BE EXTENDED FOR THE NUMBER OF WHOLE DAYS THAT THE PRODUCT HAS BEEN OUT OF THE BUYER’S HANDS FOR WARRANTY REPAIRS. IF A DEFECT EXISTS DURING THE WARRANTY PERIOD, THE WARRANTY WILL NOT EXPIRE UNTIL THE DEFECT HAS BEEN FIXED. THE WARRANTY PERIOD ALSO WILL BE EXTENDED IF THE WARRANTY REPAIRS HAVE NOT BEEN PERFORMED DUE TO DELAYS CAUSED BY CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND THE CONTROL OF THE BUYER, OR IF THE WARRANTY REPAIRS DID NOT REMEDY THE DEFECT AND THE BUYER NOTIFIES THE MANUFACTURER OR SELLER OF THE FAILURE OF THE REPAIRS WITHIN SIXTY (60) DAYS AFTER THEY WERE COMPLETED. IF, AFTER A REASONABLE NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS, THE DEFECT HAS NOT BEEN FIXED, THE BUYER MAY RETURN THIS PRODUCT FOR A REPLACEMENT OR A REFUND SUBJECT, IN EITHER CASE, TO DEDUCTION OF A REASONABLE CHARGE FOR USAGE. THE TIME EXTENSION DOES NOT AFFECT THE PROTECTION OR REMEDIES THE BUYER HAS UNDER OTHER LAWS.